Mitzvah-in-a-Minute (MIM) is a program which focuses on providing community service opportunities for NCJW/Essex members while helping the needy in our region. We choose an agency or group that is of need and try to provide our volunteers with a one time, two-hour opportunity. Our projects include:
- Fill the Freezer – NCJW/Essex partners with the JCC of West Orange Social Action committee to create a week’s worth of meals for NCJW/Essex Center for Women clients.
- Holiday Shop and Wrap – Help NCJW/Essex brighten the holiday season by donating gifts for economically disadvantaged children in Essex County. You can shop before the event, and/or attend to wrap gifts.
- Martin Luther King Jr. Day Family Mitzvah Event — Families will assemble “winter warm-up” packages for NCJW/Essex Center for Women clients. Appropriate for families with children ages 10 and younger.
- Baby Bundles – Family Mitzvah event. Volunteers will create baby bundles for newborns of low-income families. Our bundles include handmade blankets made by the NCJW/Essex Creative Hands committee.
- Celebrate Women MIM – Volunteers package gift bags for NCJW/Essex Center for Women clients. We collect brand new toiletries and a few luxury items as a way to say “we appreciate you” to a group of women who have been struggling.
- Bake for a Better World – Join us for a morning of goodness! We will be preparing breakfast bags for NCJW/Essex Center for Women clients. Volunteers will have the opportunity to do some good for themselves with a wellness break conducted by the JCC MetroWest fitness. Please wear sneakers and comfortable clothing.
CONTACT: Dina Stambler, Director of Membership Outreach and Volunteers at firstname.lastname@example.org.