Mitzvah-in-a-Minute (MIM) is a program which focuses on providing community service opportunities for NCJW/Essex members while helping the needy in our region. We choose an agency or group that is of need and try to provide our volunteers with a one time, two-hour opportunity. Our projects include:
- Fill the Freezer – NCJW/Essex partners with the JCC of West Orange Social Action committee to create a week’s worth of meals for NCJW/Essex Center for Women clients.
- Holiday Shop and Wrap – Help NCJW/Essex brighten the holiday season by donating gifts for economically disadvantaged children in Essex County.
- Martin Luther King Jr. Day at Christine’s Kitchen in West Orange. Volunteers purchase and/or cook food for a local soup kitchen on Martin Luther King Jr. Day.
- Baby Bundles – Family Mitzvah event. Volunteers will create baby bundles for newborns from Clara Maass Medical Center in Belleville, NJ to help low-income families. Our bundles include handmade blankets made by the NCJW/Essex Creative Hands committee.
- Celebrate Women MIM – Volunteers package gift bags for NCJW/Essex Center for Women clients. We collect brand new toiletries and a few luxury items as a way to say “we appreciate you” to a group of women who have been struggling.
- MIM at the Interfaith Food Pantry – Volunteers will assist clients at the supplemental food pantry in Orange, NJ.
- MIM with the Jewish Federation Volunteer Boot Camp – We will be working side-by-side with JESPY House clients on June 28, 2017 from 1:00-3:00 p.m, to create gift bags for parents of children attending the Back 2 School Store.
CONTACT: Dina Stambler, Director of Membership Outreach and Volunteers at firstname.lastname@example.org.