Mitzvah-in-a-Minute (MIM) is a program which focuses on providing community service opportunities for NCJW/Essex members while helping the needy in our region. We choose an agency or group that is of need and try to provide our volunteers with a one time, two-hour opportunity.
Mitzvah-in-a-Minute: Pediatric Care Packages
Sunday, March 22, time TBA
At this family mitzvah event, children (four years old and older) and their adult chaperones will put together packages of toys, games, books, and crafts to brighten the day of the pediatric patients at the Children’s Hospital of NJ at Newark Beth Israel Medical Center. Registration information will be available soon.
Our projects include:
- Fill the Freezer – NCJW/Essex partners with the JCC of West Orange Social Action committee to create a week’s worth of meals for NCJW/Essex Center for Women clients.
- Holiday Shop and Wrap – Help NCJW/Essex brighten the holiday season by donating gifts for economically disadvantaged children in Essex County. You can shop before the event, and/or attend to wrap gifts.
- Martin Luther King Jr. Day Family Mitzvah Event — Families will assemble “winter warm-up” packages for NCJW/Essex Center for Women clients. Appropriate for families with children ages 10 and younger.
- Baby Bundles – Family Mitzvah event. Volunteers will create baby bundles for newborns of low-income families. Our bundles include handmade blankets made by the NCJW/Essex Creative Hands committee.
- Celebrate Women MIM – Volunteers package gift bags for NCJW/Essex Center for Women clients. We collect brand new toiletries and a few luxury items as a way to say “we appreciate you” to a group of women who have been struggling.
- Bake for a Better World – Join us for a morning of goodness! We will be preparing breakfast bags for NCJW/Essex Center for Women clients. Volunteers will have the opportunity to do some good for themselves with a wellness break conducted by the JCC MetroWest fitness. Please wear sneakers and comfortable clothing.
CONTACT: Ellen Staple, Manager of Membership & Resource Development, (973) 740-0588 or email email@example.com.