NCJW/Essex recognizes menstrual inequity as a global issue and is working locally to do its part to address the problem in Essex County. As a progressive women’s organization, the NCJW/Essex Period.Project fits in with our goal of improving the lives of women, children and families.
The NCJW/Essex Period.Project focuses on the issue of menstrual inequity through the following initiatives:
- Raising awareness and educating the community about the barriers women face in obtaining feminine hygiene products.
- Relationship building with non-profit agencies, with the long term goal of making access to feminine hygiene products more attainable.
- Providing community service activities to help distribute feminine hygiene products to those in need.
- Community organizing, research and advocacy to promote legislative changes to address inequities.
What Can You Do?
- Contact us if you work for a non-profit agency with clients in need of feminine hygiene products.
- Contact us if you would like to volunteer with the NCJW/Essex Period.Project.
- Contact us if you would like to organize a collection for our “Time of the Month” initiative.
- Contact us if you like to drop off donations.
For all opportunities, email email@example.com