Put a smile on someone’s face. And yours.
Mitzvah-in-a-Minute (MIM) is a program which focuses on providing community service opportunities for NCJW/Essex members while helping women, children, and families in need of assistance in our region. We choose an agency or group that is of need and try to provide our volunteers with a one time, two-hour opportunity.
Our projects include:
- Fill the Freezer – Help create a week’s worth of ready-to-go meals for NCJW/Essex Center for Women clients. This event happens two to three times during the year.
- Holiday Shop and Wrap – Help NCJW/Essex brighten the holiday season by donating gifts for economically disadvantaged children in Essex County. You can shop before the event, and/or attend to wrap gifts.
- Martin Luther King Jr. Day Family Mitzvah Event – Families will assemble “winter warm-up” packages for NCJW/Essex Center for Women clients. Appropriate for families with children ages 10 and younger.
- Pediatric Care Packages – Family Mitzvah event. Volunteers will create care packages to be delivered to pediatric patients while they are in the hospital.
- Celebrate Women MIM – Volunteers package gift bags for NCJW/Essex Center for Women clients. We collect brand new toiletries and a few luxury items as a way to say “we appreciate you” to a group of women who have been struggling.
CONTACT: For more information please call (973) 740-0588 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.