Put a smile on someone’s face. And yours.
Mitzvah-in-a-Minute (MIM) is a program which focuses on providing community service opportunities for NCJW/Essex members while helping women, children, and families in need of assistance in our region. We choose an agency or group that is of need and try to provide our volunteers with a one time, two-hour opportunity.
Save the Date for our New Mitzvah-in-a-Minute: Diaper Drive!
NCJW/Essex is proud to partner with the Community Foodbank of NJ on the #GreatBigDiaperDrive. Our goal is to collect diapers and spread awareness in support of National Diaper Need Awareness Week, September 27 – October 3. This week draws attention to the issue of diaper need in the U.S. Babies require up to a dozen diapers a day – that’s $70 to $80 dollars a month. 1 in 3 families in the U.S. cannot afford diapers to keep babies healthy and clean. Covid-19 has only exacerbated the need and families struggling to afford food often lack access to essential hygiene supplies.
We will be collecting diapers (all sizes, especially sizes 4, 5 and 6 as well as adult diapers), baby wipes and baby cream. All items must be new and unopened.
The Community FoodBank of NJ is the state’s largest anti-hunger and anti-poverty organization and is a member of Feeding America and the National Diaper Network.
The collection will take place at the oval outside the NCJW/Essex office on September 30th, 2021 from 12:30 p.m. to 2:30 p.m.. Learn more and register for this great event by clicking here! Please register to participate.
Other MIM projects this fiscal year will likely include:
- Food Drive– Help provide much needed food items to combat food insecurity in our community. Volunteers drop off essential items at our NCJW/Essex office and the collection is delivered to local food pantries in Essex County.
- Holiday Shop and Wrap – Help NCJW/Essex brighten the holiday season by donating gifts to children in Essex County that are in financial need.
- Martin Luther King Jr. Day – Family Mitzvah Event – Families will assemble “winter warm-up” packages for NCJW/Essex Center for Women clients.
- Pediatric Care Packages – Family Mitzvah event.Volunteers will create care packages to be delivered to pediatric patients while they are in the hospital.
- Celebrate Women MIM– Volunteers package gift bags for NCJW/Essex Center for Women clients.
For more information on MIM’s, please call (973) 740-0588 or email email@example.com.