Due to continuing public health concerns, we will be unable to have our usual “hands-on” volunteer experience this year for the Back to School Store (B2SS). Instead, we will be having a Mobile B2SS, which includes distributing backpacks full of school supplies and personal care items to the children we serve. Our goal is to provide items for 1,000 children this year!
Here is where we need you! We would love to include personal notes to each child who will receive a backpack wishing them a great new year in school. Please help create uplifting “Backpack Notes” that will bring a smile to a child’s face. The notes can be simple or elaborate, and feel free to make several since we need 1,000 of these notes!
Instructions for “Backpack Notes”:
2. Write a message – please be sure the message is unisex and appropriate for any child in Kindergarten through 5th grade.
Wondering what to say in the note? Here are a few suggestions:
- Can’t wait for you to rock this super cool new backpack next school year. Have a great summer!
- Hope you enjoy all of the goodies inside this awesome new backpack. Have a blast this summer and a great school year!
- This school year is going to be awesome! Hope you love your new backpack and all of the cool stuff inside!
3. Decorate with your own markers/crayons – you can even add stickers if you want!
4. Mail the completed “Backpack Notes” to the NCJW office (or drop off during business hours by Thursday, July 8:
NCJW/Essex B2SS, 70 South Orange Avenue, Suite 120, Livingston, NJ 07039
We will place the notes inside the backpacks as an unexpected surprise for the children receiving the backpacks.
If you have any questions about volunteering, please don’t hesitate to contact us at email@example.com.
Susie Botwinick and Sherri Fendelman
NCJW/Essex Back 2 School Store Volunteer Co-Chairs
Lauren Tabak Fass, Rachel Khedouri, and Lori Gelman
NCJW/Essex Back 2 School Store Co-chairs