Throughout the year, Lunch and Learn programs provide an opportunity to hear interesting speakers in an informal setting. Speakers include authors, advocates and community leaders. Registration for Lunch & Learn programs is available to members and nonmembers.
DANGER: Pregnancy Ahead
A Special Lunch and Learn Commemorating the Anniversary of the Roe v. Wade Decision
Online registration closes at 4:00 pm on Tuesday, January 16, 2018. If you are interested in registering, please call the NCJW/Essex office, (973) 740-0588.
Thursday, January 18, 2018
(snow date: Thursday, January 25, 2018)
12:00 pm – 2:00 pm
at Congregation B’nai Jeshurun
1025 South Orange Avenue, Short Hills, NJ
Our annual Roe v. Wade commemorative events have traditionally examined the theme of access to reproductive health care, especially in the context of abortion and comprehensive sexuality education. At this year’s event, Danger: Pregnancy Ahead, we will broaden our lens and examine the growing number of infringements on access to health care and how women’s overall health is being alarmingly jeopardized.
This year’s program will shed light on these issues with a special panel of experts in the field of reproductive health and advocacy. We will look at the criminalization of both abortion and pregnancy, discuss how abortion restrictions are impacting medical education and patient services, and examine the threats that accompany new medical and technological advancements in reproductive health care services.
- Nancy Rosenbloom, JD, Director of Legal Advocacy, National Advocates for Pregnant Women
- Noa’a Shimoni, MD, Medical Director of Student Health Services, Rutgers New Jersey Medical School, Department of Family Medicine
- Mark H. Einstein, MD, MS, Professor and Chair, Rutgers New Jersey Medical School, Department of OB/GYN & Women’s Health
- Lauren Barlog, MD, Assistant Professor, Rutgers New Jersey Medical School, Department of OB/GYN & Women’s Health
- Natalie Roche, MD, Assistant Professor, Rutgers New Jersey Medical School, Department of OB/GYN & Women’s Health
Members, co-sponsors and interested community members: $20
Includes a buffet lunch.