Computer Classes at the Computer Lab at the NCJW/Essex Center for Women is the place to learn new computer skills or enhance your abilities for a current job or a new career in a small classroom setting! Choose from a wide variety of courses, including Introduction to Windows, Email and the Internet, Intro and Intermediate Word, Basic and Intermediate Excel, Powerpoint and Outlook.
Who are our students?
- Women who are entering or re-entering the workplace
- Women who want to help their children with homework
- Women who do not want to rely on others for computer help
- Women who want to volunteer for an organization
- Women who just want to learn for their own enjoyment and satisfaction
You will learn how to:
- Master basic computer skills
- Surf the Internet
- Send Emails with attachments
- Create resumes and invitations
- Set up budgets and spreadsheets
- Create slide presentations for the office or a social gathering
- Manage your small business or home financial accounts
Computer training is available for all skill levels in a small classroom environment. Fee: $35 for each course. Inquire about eligibility for reduced fees. Displaced Homemaker (DH) clients pay a reservation fee which is returned upon successful completion of the class.
Basic EXCEL – Monday, Nov. 30, Tuesday, Dec. 1, Thursday, Dec. 3, and Friday, Dec. 4. 10 a.m. to 11:15 a.m. (4 classes; no class on Wednesday, Dec. 2)
Social Media 101 for Small Businesses – Monday, December 7, through Friday, December 11, daily from 11 a.m. to noon.
Learn how a professional online presence and strategic social media use can make your small business more profitable. Packed with tips and tricks, this class was designed to streamline it all to be as efficient and fruitful as possible. Perfect for any small business that wants to save time managing their online presence, get discovered more frequently by potential customers looking for their products and/or services, and keep current customers engaged.
Intermediate EXCEL – Monday, January 11, through Friday, January 15, daily from 9:30 a.m. to 10:30 a.m.