The NCJW/Essex Center for Women began in 1981 and serves the community as a nonsectarian center for women in Essex County and the surrounding areas. The Center for Women is funded by NCJW/Essex and is a grantee of the State of New Jersey, Department of Children and Families, Division on Women.
NCJW/Essex has been at the forefront of social change — championing the needs of women, children, and families — while courageously taking a progressive stance on such issues as child welfare, women’s rights, and reproductive freedom.
We offer career services, computer classes, workshops for women and support programs for women and children.
- Learn the skills you need to enter the workplace.
- Find the encouragement to cope with a new or unexpected life situation.
- Gain the confidence to develop your own career path.
- Improve your personal relationships.
- Increase technology skills to move forward.
Our experienced and knowledgeable staff will help you create a personalized program that fits you and your needs. Programs are nonsectarian and open to ALL women. All calls are confidential.