This summer, NCJW/Essex delivered backpacks filled with school supplies, personal care items and more, to 1,000 children in need during Phase 1 of our Mobile Back 2 School Store. Each backpack included a handwritten note which added a personal touch.
Plans are already underway for the final phase of our Mobile B2SS, when we will distribute much needed warm weather clothes to these same children. We will again include a personal note in each package, to encourage each child to make the most of their school year.
Here is where we need you! We want to offer you, your children or grandchildren the opportunity to create uplifting “Warm Wishes for Cool Weather” notes that will bring a smile to a child’s face. The notes can be simple or elaborate, and feel free to make several since we need 1,000 of these notes!
Instructions for “Warm Wishes” notes:
- Print the image that can be found by clicking here. The message you write should be unisex and appropriate for any child in Kindergarten through 5th grade
- Wondering what to say in the note? Here are a few suggestions:
- I bet you can’t wait until it snows and you can go outside to build a snowman! Here is some stuff to keep you warm while you are having fun!
- We’ve got you covered from head to toe! Stay warm and study hard!
- Enjoy this cool stuff for the cold weather!
- Decorate with your own markers/crayons and you can even add stickers if you want.
- Mail the completed “Warm Wishes” notes to the NCJW office or drop off during business hours by Friday, October 16 at noon to NCJW/Essex B2SS, 70 South Orange Avenue, Suite 120, Livingston, NJ 07039
Don’t forget to send us photos!!! Send us pictures of you and your loved ones creating these notes and we’ll share them online!!! Email images to email@example.com.
By sending your photo, you grant permission to the National Council of Jewish Women, Essex County Section the irrevocable right to use your name (and the names of any others that appear in the photo that you disclose) and the photograph for reproduction in any print or electronic medium, including social media, for advertising, display, exhibition or editorial use.
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to ask Ellen Staple, Manager of Membership and Resource Development at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Susie Botwinick and Sherri Fendelman, NCJW/Essex Back 2 School Store Volunteer Co-chairs
Lauren Fass, Lori Gelman and Rachel Khedouri, NCJW/Essex Back 2 School Store Co-Chairs