NCJW/Essex Policies Regarding Re-Opening:
7/1/20 Until the Initiation of Phase 4 by the State of New Jersey
Reviewed by the Office Re-Opening Committee 6/11/20 and 6/23/20, in consultation with legal counsel, and in consideration of state health and safety requirements and recommendations; not listed in any order or priority; may be modified as necessary)
NCJW/Essex Policies Regarding Staff, Essential Volunteers and the Office
- All employees will be required to verify they have received and reviewed these policies.
- The NCJW/Essex offices will re-open to staff and essential volunteers ONLY starting on July 1st, 2020. This restriction on persons in the office will remain in effect until at minimum, New Jersey moves into Phase 4 of its reopening plan. At that time, NCJW/Essex will determine if a broader opening of the office is warranted. No staff member is required to come into the office and may continue to work from home as they choose. The decision to work from the office, home or a combination of both, is solely at the discretion of the individual and will be fully supported by NCJW/Essex. It is recommended that if you can work from home, you should continue to do so.
- Essential volunteers will be determined by the President and Executive Director and will be required to follow all office re-opening policies listed herein and sign a release before coming into the office. Please see below.
- The NJCW/Essex offices will remain closed to CFW clients and all other persons until further notice.
- Employees who feel sick or have a temperature MUST stay home. They may choose to work from home or take sick leave. Any employee who is diagnosed as having the coronavirus; is quarantined due to exposure to the virus; is seeking diagnosis; is caring for someone who has been diagnosed with the virus; or who is caring for children whose school or child care provider is closed; will be entitled to up to two (2) additional weeks (80 hours) of paid Coronavirus sick leave, in addition to any unused sick leave as provided by NCJW/Essex per the employee handbook.
- NCJW/Essex staff will comply with all Eastman Building Management building re-opening requirements as set forth in their letter released 6/15/20.
- NCJW/Essex will supply staff members in the office with masks, hand sanitizer, cleaning supplies, sanitizing wipes and gloves as needed.
- Employees MUST maintain six (6) feet of distance from others at all times. X’s delineated on the floor indicate 6 feet of space from another’s work.
- Staff are required to wear cloth face coverings when interacting with others.
- No more than ten (10) persons will be permitted in the office at any time.
- Staff and essential volunteers who elect to come into the office must notify the Executive Director of the time, date and duration they intend to be in the office to ensure no more than 10 persons in the office at a time.
- Only one person will be permitted in the kitchen or copy area at a time.
- Staff shall follow all directional arrows (like in the supermarket) in the office.
- Employees are requested, even when in the office, to communicate through email, electronic or
- Employees will be required to wash their hands with soap and water or alcohol-based sanitizer
after using the facilities. All persons in the office are strongly encouraged to sanitize their hands
frequently, particularly after contact with high-touch surfaces and/or shared public spaces.
- Staff will observe proper coughing and sneezing etiquette, and proper tissue usage and disposal.
- Staff will be responsible for sanitizing and cleaning items in their work areas.
- Staff and volunteers who elect to come into the office will be responsible for sanitizing and
cleaning any equipment or surfaces they use in the kitchen, copy area, or other common areas.
- The NCJW/Essex offices will remain locked during business hours.
- These policies will be reevaluated when the State of New Jersey enters Phase 4 of its reopening
NCJW/Essex Policies Regarding the Office Building and Volunteer Gatherings
- Use of the office building, 70 South Orange Ave, common spaces such as the Cafeteria
Conference room, is available at the discretion of the building’s property managers. Please see
the Eastman Building Management building re-opening letter released 6/15/20. The Career
Closet, located at 349 East Northfield Road, will remain closed until further notice.
- Until further notice, volunteers, solely at their discretion, who wish to gather in support of
NCJW/Essex activities, will be required to sign a release, below, and must observe the following:
o Conduct activities outside or in well ventilated spaces
o Gather in groups of less than 50 persons at a time
o Wear a face mask and maintain social distancing of at least six (6) feet
o Sanitize their hands frequently, particularly after contact with high-touch surfaces
and/or shared public spaces
o NCJW/Essex will make available disposable masks and hand sanitizer
o Limit interactions to 1 hour or less to avoid individuals needing to use the facilities